Sunday, February 15, 2009

Is New Technology Helpful Or Useless?

Hello my dearest blogger readers,

I would like to quickly share with you about a few of new technology gadgets that I just heard about, plus one that I have just put my hands on personally!  Through this new technology exploration, I hope to give you an insight in my take on if new technology is helpful or useful.  

First, is what appears to be an awesome technical gadget called "Kindle 2" that just came out a week ago.  
Kindle Envy! (Posted [LINK] using ShareThis)
Here's the quote technical specifics
  • Slim & Lightweight: Just over 1/3 inch and 10.2 ounces
  • Books in under 60 seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
  • Improved Display: Reads like real paper; now boasts 16 shades of gray for crisp images and text; even reads well in bright sunlight
  • Longer Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
  • More Storage: Take your library with you; holds over 1,500 books
  • Faster Page Turns: 20% faster page turns
  • Read-to-Me: Text-to-Speech feature means Kindle can read every book, blog, magazine, and newspaper out loud.
  • No Wireless Bills: No monthly wireless bills, data plans, or commitments. Amazon pays for Kindle’s wireless connectivity so you won’t see a monthly wireless bill.
  • Large Selection: Over 230,000 books, plus U.S. and international newspapers, magazines and blogs available
  • Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise

Now, I would like to tell you about the photo at the top of this post and how I became to know about Griffin Technology's iTalk Pro: a recording device for your iPod!   ~ I already have posted a video blog and podcast episode on this topic.  Here are the links:
Lastly, I would like to tell you how cool internet radio is and backbone! Check out this link for more information on creating radio networks: Backbone

And now I am currently listening to a very interesting Journalism lecture from Standford University called: Is News Journalism Under Siege?: A Conversation with the Editors of Newsweek and Time, with Jim Kelly, Mark Whitaker, Richard Stolley at the The Aurora Forum at Stanford University.  To Listen: Go to the iTunes Store or standford.edu and search for Journalism ---> audio and video! I highly recommend this.  I've just started listening! 

Oh boy, How cool is the new technology that I've listed above!

Talk to y'all soon!

Stay cool,
Daniel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Danielle, thanks for all of the updates! I actually have an iTalk app for my iPhone and love it. Appreciate your link to my blog. Have a great week! Lisa

Unknown said...

Thanks, Lisa for your comment. My name is the guy's name-- Daniel... which I'm sure you know..
Overall, thanks for your kind comment!