Monday, January 5, 2009

Video Blog #5: Talking About My L.D.

Hello viewers of my video blog series,
[A DAY OF FIVE'S: Please count how many references to the number "5" (five) that I make in this post. -- post a comment to this post with you answer. -- SO HOW MANY CAN YOU COUNT? ]
I am going to be embedding (and linking) my 5th video blog post. For those of you who are not "disability-terminology knowledgeable", then I please read below in the outline AND watch the pre-recorded video of this 5th video blog. And, hey, late last night/early this morning, I came out with my 5th episode of my podcast (correct me if I"m wrong, via comment to this post)-- AND today's date is this 5th... WHAT A DAY OF 5'S!!!
I would really appreciate your feedback via posting a comment to this post, first, and then second via email at feedback.photocast@me.com

So, here is is (and below is my outline of which you can follow along with the video...): (PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A FEW SECONDS PAUSE AT THE BEGINNING BEFORE I BEGIN... PLEASE DON'T BE ALARMED!... THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING!)
Free TV : UstreamCheck out this ustream Video: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1032270 VideoBlog#5:Talking About My L.D.1/5/09.

Video Blog 5: Talking About My L.D.
OUTLINE

(Monday, Jan. 5th, 2009, recored at approx. 7:30 PM, CST through approx. 9:00 PM CST)

I. OPENING: Welcome to my 5th video blog post and today I will be talking about a topic that is dear to my heart. I am going to be talking about my learning disability (otherwise called, "L.D."). This is the first time that I am, publically, reading these reflections by me and talking about it. As I read 3 selections of which I wrote for 3 different subjects, I will follow up the reading with my reflective comments to my writing.

II. Back Story -- READ an EXCERPT OF MY personal essay that was for my ENG 100, paragraph 2 / WITH MY REFLECTIVE COMMENTS

III. Q & A: More About m L.D.: READ 8 Answers to questions from my SIUC Achieve Program Case Information Form/ WITH MY REFLECTIVE COMMENTS

IV. DISCUSSING MY LEARNING DISABILITY IN ESSAY FORM: Read my "Anne Ford Scholarship Essay" (of which I didn't win this past spring 2008) / WITH MY REFLECTIVE COMMENTS / PLUS, I READ MY 3 LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATIONS FROM 3 TEACHERS AT WHS!(WITH MY "WISPERED" COMMENTARY!)

V. CONCLUSION: THANK YOU FOR LISTENING, AND IF YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK PLEASE EMAIL ME AT: feedback.photocast@me.com /
CLOSING SONG: From the Podsafe Music Network @ http://music.podshow.com, with a song called : "Lost on Block Island" by Matthew Ebel (genre: pop rock), and can be found at this address: http://music.podshow.com/music/listeners/artistdetails.php?BandHash=280202729dad1ad3a780a4d20afbe39b

⁃ look forward to hearing from ya'll on what you thought of this 5th video blog posts, as well as any ideas for future video blog posts. so, this is me, Dan, signing off, and until next time, come again soon, BYE, ALL!

Happy Winter ~ Stay warm,
-Daniel

p.s. my birthday is next wednesday (1/14/09) and I"ll be... 2 decades old... you do the math!

No comments: